Tuesday, July 17, 2012

An Introduction

Allow me to introduce myself.  I'm a 30 year old woman experienced in the wild dating world, an independent little working bee, and a sort of self-proclaimed all around artist.  I grew up in south Texas, attended a private Christian University, and made the terribly regrettable decision to obtain a bachelor's degree in Theater.

I decided to start this blog as an outlet for women.  Real women.  Just like me.  Not the high maintenance girls you find at the bar looking for a man to spend money on her.  I'm plain Jane.  I get up, go to work (most days without make-up), take care of my puppy, spend time with my boyfriend, and try to pay my bills on time.

I spent several years very actively pursuing a career in film acting until one day I stopped.  Cold turkey.  My desire went slack.  That was it.  I was tired of the demands placed on actresses and women in general by those know-it-alls behind the wobbly tables and tired cameras.  They were running my life, and I was tired of it.  It was time for me to run my own life.

In this blog, I will share my stories, daily experiences, and everything that goes into being a woman in this ridiculous and fickle culture we've developed here in America.

Welcome to Beauty and the Curves.




No comments:

Post a Comment