Sunday, November 16, 2014

Beauty Starts in the Heart

As I continue to review some wise words written by those whose lives were exemplary in my eyes, I grow and learn more.

I have learned that when you start to think and do things differently it hurts.  To accept that you want to make a change in your life means to accept that you are willing to suffer.

It also means you will feel like a hypocrite.

Nearly every woman can identify with a lack of confidence for any myriad of reasons.  I have an exercise for you to try.

Get one of your best female friends, one that you trust with all your heart.  Have them sit across from you and stare you right in the eye and state, "You are beautiful.  Do you believe me?  Do you?"  Then bring the words to your mouth.  "Yes, I believe you.  I am beautiful."

For most women, it won't be words but tears that will come first.  Then when you get to the point where you can say the words, they will be alien and foreign.  Most of all, they won't be the truth, and you will feel like a liar.

Then put your shoulders back, lift your head, and smile.  It is scientifically proven that your self body language has a direct correlation to your confidence.  The disdain you feel from this exercise may be too much.

Hold on.

This is it.  This is the the suffering.  This is the change you are making.  With every birth is labor.  Put an effort in your looks, your posture, your smile.

You see, my dear blog readers, as I write this I feel like the largest of hypocrites.  I, like all humans, have my own hang-ups that hurt.  This is the path I am choosing to take.  I have made a choice to change now, and so I have committed myself to suffering.  I will take the difficult path for the bigger reward.

So I invite you to join me.  Let's spend our days focused on positive thoughts, beautiful smiles, and clean posture.  Let's build our confidence through our body...our very own enemy.  And when you're ready to give in, let's all hold each other accountable.  Let's always be able to look each other in the eye and say,

You're Beautiful.

I'm Beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment