Sunday, March 10, 2013

Beautiful Women Fight Back

You know what I find refreshing?  A model who appears to look "normal."  Granted, she's still far above par when it comes to the beauty department, but if her body's BMI is in the healthy range it makes all the difference in the world.  I don't know about you, but I sit back and say to myself, "Oh, I don't look bad after all."

If you have a moment I would love for you to take a quick glance at one woman's fight for healthy models.  The camera really does add 10 lbs, and we're so conditioned to see unhealthy as normal that we're blinded to it.  We don't even know what's real anymore.  This model is fighting a good fight:


Katie Green has created a campaign entitled "Say No to Size Zero."  I would like to make the ever inevitable disclaimer that I understand that some women are naturally a size zero.  That's not the concept here.  She is fighting for women to have healthy body mass indexes.

I have resisted shopping at Express, because I'm so disappointed with their choices of models.  They are young girls who are ridiculously skinny.  I really love shopping in my small online boutiques like http://www.pinupgirlclothing.com who embrace all sizes of women.  One day, I was so put off by the comparison of models I created my own little visual:

For me, there's really no comparison.  How 'bout you?

No comments:

Post a Comment