Wednesday, March 20, 2013

A Week of Pictures in One Blog

I won't write a lot on this particular blog.  Instead, I want to place a series of photos that I have seen on Pinterest this week.  I did not search for these photos.  I saw each of them in my every day normal life.  Most were for workout links, while others were fashion photos.  None were intended to be negative in any sense of the word.  After a week of the barrage, I decided it would be a quick realization to my readers to see what we digest as the one and only "beautiful" on a regular basis.  This is our psychological diet that is fed to us everyday.  Enjoy.

**




The last photo I will give credit that she has a very toned stomach.  What bothers me personally about this picture is again with the gap between the legs.  NOT A HEALTHY WEIGHT GOAL.  If you notice, she has her back arched.  Without a doubt, her thighs touch when her back is not arched.  Do not let posing, lighting, and photography fool you.

We rarely see all of these photographs in one take. How does it make you feel to see all of it at once?  It's like seeing just how much food a super obese person can eat in one day, isn't it?  Like when you separate the sum into several meals it seems to make some sort of sense, but as soon as you see it all together you immediately realize something isn't right.  So...I'll ask you again...how do these pictures make you feel?  

Probably not good.

**A side note in regards to the first photo.  It was a fashion photo actually meant to focus on the dress, but all you can see are frail arms with protruding elbows and, of course, every bump in her spine.  This photo had created quite the argument on Pinterest.  Dozens of people were arguing.  Many were saying that it is unhealthy.  But then you had women defending her size.  Saying it could be natural for her.  I don't know about you, but I personally know many naturally thin women and their backbones don't protrude out of their backs when they are curved in that fashion.  Notice the girl is not bending over...it's the opposite...she's sticking her stomach out in front of her to curve her back.  Women.  Stop thinking that is normal or that you should be automatically accepting.  You have to be able to acknowledge when someone is unhealthy before you can grasp what is realistic.  If you can't clearly understand a body with an eating disorder, you will never understand that it is not a standard to be met.

No comments:

Post a Comment