Monday, April 14, 2014

Skinny Isn't Good Enough

Just got back from the gym.  I was finally able to find my magic elixir online that keeps my blood sugar level stable enough for me to really get in a good workout.  You can find it here: http://www.luckyvitamin.com/p-234339-biorhythm-100-whole-gains-naturally-anabolic-protein-vanilla-delight-247-lbs

At any rate while I was at the gym....



I got to thinking.  As women we all say, "I wanna be skinny."  Most women mean just that.  Give me a magic pill to shed all the weight, suck it out of my body, whatever you need to do I want to be "skinny."

Well, I don't want to be skinny.  Because there are many ways you can get to be "skinny."

Bulimia

Anorexia

Smoking

Hard Drugs

Surgery


And none of that is good enough for me.  My body and I are better than that.

Your body is better than abuse.


Because that's what it is.  You are abusing your body to achieve the magnificent "skinny."  

I want to be toned.  In shape.  Healthy.

I'm definitely not the picture perfection of health.  Believe me.  I inhale carbs like they're going out of style.  I mean...I think that's the latest on what is or isn't good for you.  I can't keep up with it these days.  The online Chicago Tribune wrote an article showcasing how kale is so out now and collard greens are now in (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/ct-schmich-met-0212-20140212,0,3876842.column)

Sorry, Kale, I've got collard greens on the side now.


Seriously?

Give me a break, people.  I get sick and tired of fads: today you should eat this and tomorrow you shouldn't.  Anyway...I digress.  

Let's not focus on skinny.  Let's just focus on exercising.  Just make it part of your routine.  That routine that has you exhausted with no time left over.  I am fully aware of how difficult it is.  But guess what?  A little bit is better than nothing.  And once you achieve healthy lean, you'll never want to be skinny again.  This was me six years ago:



I've never posted that picture anywhere.  Not even Facebook. (What?)  I know, weird, right?  Absolutely NO AIRBRUSHING.  Just the little picture frame fade on it.  (For the record, I didn't weigh some measly 100lbs.  I was 135lbs of muscle.)  I've added on a whopping 15lbs since then, so how could I settle for just skinny now?  I can't.  I want the toned abs and the lean arms.  

Let's be strong.  Let's be healthy.  

Let's not settle for skinny anymore.


No comments:

Post a Comment